Adopting energy-efficient house designs has several environmental advantages. Even a little change in your lifestyle can have a huge impact on the emission of polluting gases. Energy-efficient houses can also help you reduce your carbon footprints.
The latest trends are all about living an eco-friendly lifestyle and switching to organic alternatives. Being energy conscious is not only beneficial for the environment but also helps you to save money. Energy-efficient design and innovations are more economical and require less electricity. Hence, it significantly drops your utility bills.
Depending on your budget as well as requirement, you can make several changes in your house which will enable you to cut your energy expenses. These changes may initially cost you high but are very beneficial in the long run. Here are some energy-efficient house designs: ideas and solutions.
- Invest in solar panels. Solar power is a renewable and neat source of energy. For the people who have their homes at places with constant sunlight throughout the year, utilizing the sun’s natural energy is an excellent option. The installation of solar panels could be a bit expensive in the beginning, but it has huge returns on investment and long-term benefits.
- Have proper insulation. It is essential to maintain the temperature of your home throughout the year if you have an HVAC system installed. Hence you have to ensure that your home is well insulated and doesn’t have holes or gaps in the pipes and attics. To get your home properly insulated, you will have to consult with an insulation contractor to find the right type for your home.
- Install a skylight at your home. Adding a skylight not only makes your home look well-lit but also has an economic advantage. A skylight enhances the interior of your home while improving the heating and air ventilation. Before installing a skylight, make sure that the existing design of your house supports it. It’s better to consult with a professional before the installation of a skylight.
- Replace the electrical accessories and fixtures. The electrical appliances use a lot of energy, so if possible, replace the fixtures at first. Substituting a CFL bulb with a LED will not only increase efficiency but also will last longer. Similarly, if your planning to buy a new appliance, look for the ones with energy star alternatives.
- Install cool roof. A cool roof is capable of reflecting more sunlight as compared to a regular one. It keeps down the temperature of your roof, which reduces the overall temperature of your house. Hence, you can regulate the temperature of your home, while keeping your air conditioner down and save energy. A cool roof is not much costlier than a usual roof. You can install the cool material over any roof.
Such small little changes can take you a long way to save energy and lots of money over a long time. Therefore, it is worth putting some time and investment into energy-efficient house designs. It is a win-win for your pocket as well as the environment.…